I think that's a museum overlooking the Opera House.
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Savouring Sydney: The Opera House and Harbour Bridge Series II
My friends and I arrived at Circular Quay in anticipation of our first ferry ride in Sydney! We departed from wharf number 3 and headed towards Manly Bay. But even before we could reach Manly, the scenic views at Circular Quay and the breathtaking sights along the journey thereafter, already had me snapping away so much so that the photos I've taken prior to arriving at Manly were more than enough to make up one blog entry. So here you have it - a most spectacular prelude to Manly Bay and Manly Beach! Be enthralled...
The ferry wharves are set against the backdrop of the Circular Quay Railway Station.





The Sydney Opera House - the epitome of modern architecture! And I simply can't get enough of it!





My first encounter with Australia's aboriginal culture and so I had to have this photo taken for remembrance!
From left to right: Ben, Katie whose brother's Ben, Cade, Jesse, Seb, and Katie sharing a precious moment together.




Unusual performances like this acrobatic showcase, help to entertain the crowds while adding vibrancy to the place.
Oh yah, my ferry ticket to Manly (even with student concession) cost me a whopping A$6.40! But the trip was worth the money considering that I've gotten so many pretty pictures (as you'll soon find out while you scroll down the page) all taken within that half-hour ferry ride! Hehe... =)

Evidence of Sebby in Sydney! :)














And so we sailed out of Sydney Cove...








... into the Parramatta River (that's a huge river by the way) where I spotted the magnificent Sydney Harbour Bridge on the Bradfield Highway...

Oh, that's a lighthouse which is on Fort Denison, I think.














One yacht!
Many yachts!!!
An Australian Navy ship in all its grandeur!
And lucky me, I managed to capture the silhouette of a similar-looking vessel on my way back!
I love this shot because it's picturesque and so postcard-ish!!! Haha... well done, Sebby! =)


Did I just see a pirate ship in the distance???





... and we cruised through Port Jackson (according to my map) which really isn't a port (it was more like a huge body of water to me)...


... and before we knew it, we were already at Manly Bay! Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment