Standing outside Kingsford Smith Airport, I waited in anticipation for Bus Number 7 to bring me to my backpackers' inn at Pitt Street.
Like other passengers, I waited for the bus out in the open under freezing temperatures of between 13 and 15 degrees celsius.
The ride to Pitt Street on this "bus" made me A$10 poorer.
Cruising on the highway alongside this plane made me feel like I was about to take flight again.
As I caught glimpses of more planes, it suddenly dawned upon me that I had left home for more than 24 hours and I began to miss home really badly.
And so I travelled through the suburbs...
...and into the city.
I encountered a quieter part of town...
...with its public transport system neatly in place.
I tried to smile for the camera despite feeling terribly exhausted and homesick.
Then, I entered the city centre.
And all was well when I FINALLY got to my first residence, albeit a temporary one.
But I was briefed on the house rules as soon as I shut the door behind me.
And I was made to part with A$20 as deposit in case I ran away with the keys to my room.
Even then, I thought that the place looked pretty decent...
...complete with lockers, public phones,...
...an aquarium, tourist brochures...
...lots of tourist brochures...
...and more brochures...
...and cooking facilities...
...as well as a couple of washing machines and dryers.
After getting that temporary relief from knowing that I'd have at least a roof over my head for the first four nights, I settled down for my first meal in Sydney - honey chicken with rice at a thai eatery just across the road.
Then it was on to my first dinner in Sydney - fish fillet with rice and tartar sauce at an American cafe down the street.
3 comments:
the thai food looks surprisingly good!
Yupz... I loved it cos' it tasted really gd and it was one of the cheaper alternatives!
This is great info to know.
Post a Comment